Business Overhead Protection
Business Overhead ProtectorSM reimburses business owners for overhead expenses if they become disabled, so their businesses can continue to operate.
Typical covered expenses include:
- Mortgage interest or lease payments
- Employee wages
- Business insurance premiums
Included With Every Policy
We cover the following business expenses while your client is disabled:
- Salaries, fees wages, benefit payments and employment taxes for employees
- Rent and lease payments for furniture, equipment and premises
- Utility costs including phone, electricity, heat and water
- Laundry, janitorial and maintenance service costs
- Property, liability, malpractice and business insurance premiums
- Professional, trade and association dues
- Business property taxes
- The greater of depreciation or principal payments on business loans on business property
- Interest on business debt existing on the day the disability begins
- Legal, accounting and similar business fees
Please refer to the policy for a complete list of covered and non-covered expenses.
Contact your General Agent to learn more about Business Overhead Protection.